Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jerry Jeff Walker

Featured in my previous Texas Music post on "London Homesick Blues" is Mr. Jerry Jeff Walker, probably most famous for having penned the song that allegedly made Tricky Dick Nixon cry: "Mr. Bojangles".














That last song was written by another Texas singer-songwriter, Ray Wylie Hubbard. I'll be doing a post on him in a few days, which will include him performing "Up Against the Wall Redneck Mother". There's another one in there penned by Guy Clark, who I'll also cover in a few days.


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Homesick

... and the Boys

... and Willie ...

Waylon ...

The King of Western Swing

Willie & The Wheel

Not-So-Random Thought on a Saturday Afternoon While Listening to a Bob Wills Tribute Album With My Kids ...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2009 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerry Jeff... Great Gonzos! I think Jay Anderson has the best taste in music among the St. Blogs bloggers.

 
At 2/19/2009 3:20 PM, Blogger Terry said...

I tend to agree Big Tex, although he's making me, well, homesick.

Jerry Jeff's daughter, Jessie Jane, was a sorority sister of my cousin's at the University of Texas. They got free, private concerts for their social events as a result. Not to worry: I took my envy up with my confessor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger