Friday, October 17, 2008

Light Posting Today - Going to a Funeral

This morning, the Anderson family is headed up to Canton, Michigan (just outside of Detroit) for the funeral Mass of a fine Catholic gentleman. My Great-Uncle Dick, the beloved husband of my Aunt Mary (the youngest of my late grandmother's sisters), passed away on October 12, 2008 at the age of 80:

COLLINS, RICHARD J.
Age 80, October 12, 2008. Beloved husband of Mary. Dearest father of Kathleen (Rob) Karp, Maureen Collins, Karen (Jeff) Cohen, Joan Collins and Eileen (Sam) Dickenson. Also survived by five loving grandsons. Brother of Robert (Betty) and the late William (Alice). Mr. Collins was a graduate of Loyola University in Chicago, and retired from Ford Motor Company after 33 years. In state Friday 9:45 a.m. until time of Mass 10:30 a.m. at St. Thomas a'Becket Catholic Church, 555 S. Lilley Rd., Canton.
Resquiescat in pace.

From May of this year, when my father (back right) was visiting
from Texas. We drove up to Michigan for a brief family reunion with
some of our relatives. Uncle Dick is seated front left in this photo.
Also pictured are my Aunt Mary (back center) and my Aunt Kay (front right).
Aunt Kay is my father's godmother.



Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Even More Catholic Patrimony Photos from the Family Archives

More Catholic Patrimony Photos from the Family Archives

I Love These Photos of My Father as a Little Boy

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2008 4:52 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

I'm sorry, Jay. Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord...

 
At 10/17/2008 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May GOD Bless and comfort you and your family.



OHIO JOE

 
At 10/17/2008 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sympathy and prayers to your family.

 
At 10/17/2008 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May he be enjoying the Beatific Vision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger