Saturday, August 02, 2008

Tour of Catholic Churches in Seneca County, Ohio

Photo by Jeffrey Smith, Catholic Toledo

Today, I participated in a tour of Catholic churches in Seneca County, Ohio. In addition to seeing some beautiful churches, I had the pleasure of spending some delightful hours with some equally delightful people.

Today's event provided me with the opportunity to meet, among others, Fr. Eric Schild (who I was actually meeting for the 2nd time), Fr. Adam Hertzfeld (the director of vocations for the Toledo Diocese), and 3 gentlemen from one of my favorites, the Catholic Toledo blog - Kyle Gase, Kevin Hammer, and Jeffrey Smith (also of The Roving Medievalist).

Jeffrey has posted some photos from today's tour at Catholic Toledo, and I'm sure there will be more to come (I hope to upload some photos of my own and post them here in the days ahead).

I had a wonderful time today, and hope to participate in any future church tours of this sort (I believe Jeffrey mentioned the possibility of a tour of Catholic churches in the city of Toledo in the future). I'd encourage others in this area to participate in future events of this sort as well.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2008 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you give this a little publicity please:

Saint Conleth’s Catholic Heritage Association invites you to honour the Holy Year of St. Paul by attending Holy Mass in the Traditional Latin Rite (Missal of Blessed John XXIII) on Saturday, 30th August, 2008, at 11 a.m., in St. Paul’s Church, Emo, Co. Laois, Ireland, followed by a tour of Emo Court House and Gardens.

For the past 15 years, St. Conleth’s Catholic Heritage Association has been working prayerfully for the provision of the Traditional Latin Liturgy in the Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin.

Please confirm your attendance to: catholicheritagegroup@catholic.org

For further details consult:
www.catholicheritage.blogspot.com

God bless you!

Saint Conleth’s Catholic Heritage Association

 
At 8/04/2008 9:13 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Thanks for coming on Saturday Jay! It really was a nice time, and it was great to meet you! I sure hope we can do another tour again somewhere.

Also, I imagine you will be back in New Riegel sometime for the ribs??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger