Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rich Leonardi Reviews New Book on English Reformation: Supremacy and Survival

Yesterday, on the 500th anniversary of the coronation of Henry VIII, Rich Leonardi posted a review of Stephanie Mann's Supremacy and Survival, which "tells the compelling story of how 'English Catholics endured the Reformation'."

Rich and I share an affinity for the history of English Catholicism, and the one time I had the pleasure of meeting him was at a conference on the English Reformation. So, this is a book, based on Rich's review and recommendation, that I definitely plan on reading (assuming, of course, I can ever finally make it through the excellent, but very dense, The Stripping of the Altars).

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/21/2009 3:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie A. Mann said...

Jay, my book is shorter, and Duffy inspired me--so perhaps that will help you decide which to read first! Great blog title, BTW.
Happy Easter!

 
At 4/22/2009 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading Eamon Duffy is like trying to take a drink of water from Old Faithful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger