Monday, March 16, 2009

Reminder for Tomorrow: Don't Drink Green Beer!


If you want a real Irish beer to imbibe in honor of the Feast of St. Patrick, then Smithwick's Irish Ale is the one I recommend.


Smithwick's (pronounced "Smithick's" or "Smiddick's") is brewed in the 12th Century St. Francis Abbey in Kilkenny, Ireland (I've been there and tasted my first pint of Smithwick's in a nearby pub), and is touted as "Ireland's Oldest Ale", dating from 1710.

Links:

  • Smithwick's Wikipedia entry

  • Brewery with its own abbey - it must be Ireland

  • Here comes Smithwick's

  • Smithwick's: The new Irish option

  • Green beer? Blarney. Real Irish ale rules

  • Irish Ales - Wexford Irish Cream Ale and Smithwick's (Beervana blog)



  • Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
    Don't Drink Green Beer!

    Labels: , , ,

    3 Comments:

    At 3/16/2009 8:30 PM, Blogger LargeBill said...

    Got some Smithwicks in the fridge nice and cold.

     
    At 3/16/2009 8:44 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

    Make mine a Guinness - extra stout, if you have it on tap.

     
    At 3/17/2009 9:50 AM, Blogger PB said...

    I'm a half and half man myself, although Smithwick's is a fine quality beer also. I had to help celebrate my patron holiday by enjoying one last night, no complaints from me.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    hit counter for blogger