Monday, October 20, 2008

Palin: Faith, God in General Has Been Mocked Throughout this Campaign

From The Brody File at CBN (video included):

Governor Sarah Palin tells The Brody File that "faith and God" have been mocked throughout this campaign. The Vice-Presidential candidate really opens up in this answer and takes some shots at the media. But she also defends her faith and speaks strongly about her belief in God being in control of all things.

I interviewed Alaska's Gov. Palin this weekend for 20 minutes in Lancaster, Pa. My full report can be seen Tuesday on The 700 Club. Check The Brody File for other clips regarding her faith, media scrutiny and much more.

Watch her answer above. The transcription is below.

Brody: There have been some shots taken at you…regarding your Christian faith…The Pentecostal stuff, the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Do you want to clear up exactly what you believe in and so that the record can be set straight a little bit? Because there have been some editorials and others taking shots at you regarding --

Palin: Yeah, and I think the saddest part of that is that faith, not just my faith, faith and God in general has been mocked through this campaign, and that breaks my heart and that is unfair for others who share a faith in God and chose to worship our Lord in whatever private manner that they deem fit and my faith has always been pretty personal. I haven't really worn it on my sleeve. I haven't been out there preaching it. I've always been of the mind that you caalk the walk. You just don't have to be talking the talk about your beliefs, so just wanting maybe my life to be able to reflect my faith. So it's always been pretty personal and that was kind of a surprise in the last couple of months that people would misconstrue and spin anything that has to do with my faith or anybody else's and turn it into something to be mocked. That's very sad. I don't think that there's anything that I can do about it, so you know, I won't, I won't whine or complain about it, but nobody is going to convince me that my foundation of faith is not good for me and for my family no matter the mocking, no matter what anybody says about it, I'm going to keep plugging away at this and I'm going to keep seeking God's guidance and His wisdom and His favor and His grace, for me, for my family, for this campaign, for our nation. Again no matter what anybody else says about it it's between me and God, and I am so thankful that that he has strengthened me with this understanding and this belief that I can count on Him. I can reach out to Him asking for that strength, asking for the blessings that He so freely gives and I don't know how anybody would want to do this if they didn't have real strong faith in God that He's got it all under control.
See also from David Brody's interview with Sarah Palin:

Palin Would Say 'Palling Around with Terrorist Line' Again
October 20, 2008

Palin Signals Support for Federal Marriage Amendment
October 20, 2008

Palin on the Angry Tone at Rallies
October 20, 2008

Palin on God's Hand of Protection
October 20, 2008

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger