Monday, September 01, 2008

Playin' for Palin?

Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while know that I am no fan of Sen. John McCain, and have, to date, refused to support his candidacy. But you've also recently learned that I am a BIG fan of Sen. McCain's running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin.

I have not yet decided for sure to back Sen. McCain. But IF I do decide to play for the McCain-Palin team, it will be because I'm playin' for Palin.
Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Firsthand Experience On the Labor Day Weekend Festival Circuit

A Brilliant Trap Makes Dems the Male Chauvinists

More on Gov. Palin

Quote of the Day: Karen Hall on "Big City Bigots"

Radical Catholic Mom: Sarah Palin by Someone Who Knows Her Personally

The REAL "Change" Ticket?

A Ticket I Can Support?

Nat Hentoff on Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as McCain's VP

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9/01/2008 2:02 AM, Blogger Daniel C. said...

Jay, thank you for your honesty. It’s a very interesting question. I’ve had about the same concerns about McCain as you, though you’ve articulated much better than I ever could have. It’s very tuff, as an Alaskan, not to just jump right in, and honestly about the only reason I don’t have a McCain/Palin bumper sticker stuck on my car is because I’m still waiting for it to come in the mail. It’s a struggle to keep objective when emotions are involved. I think one of the aspects that separates conservatives from liberals is the ability not to act on emotion, but on logic. Hopefully I can calm down about Governor Palin--who IS the real deal--being named the running mate of Senator McCain, and revisit what it would mean to have McCain in the White House.

 
At 9/01/2008 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Palin's pick ensures that pro-lifers will have a strong voice speaking up for them in any McCain administration. It also demonstrates that McCain understands the importance of social conservatives in the coalition he is attempting to put together. McCain was not my first or fifteenth choice for Republican standard bearer for a whole host of reasons. However, as the only pro-life candidate with any hope of winning, he had my vote in the general election. Now he has my enthusiasm and monetary support as well because of the Palin pick.

 
At 9/01/2008 7:03 AM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Palin's pick ensures that pro-lifers will have a strong voice speaking up for them in any McCain administration. It also demonstrates that McCain understands the importance of social conservatives in the coalition he is attempting to put together.

This is the message I take from the choice of Palin, also.

 
At 9/01/2008 9:20 AM, Blogger Tito Edwards said...

He's got my endorsement.

He got me at "Palin".

 
At 9/02/2008 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why should anyone trust McCain?

If anything, it shows that Palin will have to be subservient to whatever policies "President" McCain stuffs down our collective throats.

I like Palin, but I see little reason to think that this is "Change we can believe in".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger