Friday, August 11, 2006

You're On Notice (Part 2)

Thanks to Publius for this:



Hopefully, the followers of St. Stephen of Colbert* won't take offense to this one.
;0)


*Again, I've never seen the guy's show as
(1) I don't watch a lot of television since, although I have DIRECTV for 4 televisions (I like sports and the various history and learning channels), I find most of what the entertainment industry would like to send into my living room to be utter crap, and

(2) unfortunately, I am too thin-skinned when it comes to political satire. I think Republicans generally live down to their reputation as the "stupid party" and Democrats generally live down to theirs as the "evil party". And I see nothing funny about that.
As for St. Stephen, as far as I know, the guy is second in orthodoxy only to the Pope himself. I know absolutely nothing about him. What I DO know is that I'd never even heard of the guy until just over a little more than a month ago - about the same time as St. Blog's began its collective love affair with the man.

Mr. Colbert pokes fun at politics. I poke fun at cultural and societal trends. It's funny to me to see a TV personality so universally acclaimed by the Catholic blogosphere. My earlier post was my attempt at humor, poking fun at the lemming-like mentality at St. Blog's when it comes to Mr. Colbert. Some readers found it funny and laughed along. Others thought I was attacking Mr. Colbert. I wasn't.

By the way, I have a feeling Mr. Colbert would have laughed, too.

7 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubba hubba! That is great! God bless Mrs. A for her indulgence!

 
At 8/14/2006 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to roll with the punches, Jay! Stay on the offensive!

 
At 8/17/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Jay you are really pushing me towards re-launching my blog as a "Colbert blog" on which I will every day post about the orthodox Catholicism of Stephen.

 
At 8/17/2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

PS-More Lima pictures could quickly bury the hatchet! Afterall what is she but a a female, Brazialian, version of Colbert?

Somone famous who proudly identifies as a Catholic, does not go against church teachings, and does all this in the very secular and (presumably) anti-Church worlds of the Media and Modeling. Plus, I can't personally speak to this but I hear a lot of women find Colbert attractive.

 
At 8/17/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"Jay you are really pushing me towards re-launching my blog as a 'Colbert blog' "

Suit yourself, FD. But in my view, you're better off having a blog focused on Christ and His Church than one focused on a TV personality.

Which was the point of my initial post all along: the St. Blog's obsession with an actor playing a role on a satirical political show.

 
At 8/21/2006 12:21 AM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

I am of course kidding! I am very happy with a blog foccused on the Church.

We bloggers all have our own particular favorite topics, and one of mine is Colbert.

 
At 2/26/2007 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post! Wish I would have found it sooner! 8^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger