Monday, July 17, 2006

Disproportionate Response

Amy Welborn has a post about this inflammatory cartoon:


The comments over there are sure to get ... ummm ... interesting.

I think this cartoon, while completely unfair to the Holy Father, probably accurately reflects how Israel and many in the Jewish community feel about the constant condemnations coming from the international community whenever Israel responds to jihadists bent on her destruction.

For my part, barring some huge development, I am done commenting on the current Middle East crisis. I just don't want to say anything else that puts me at odds with the Vatican, but I can't see myself coming around to the current blame Israel mindset.

So, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.


UPDATE
Gerald Augustinus also has a link to the offending cartoon at The Cafeteria is Closed. Intersting comments there, as well.


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Our Guys Side With the Terrorists ... Again

Cardinal Angelo Sodano Sides With the Terrorists

4 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 5:57 AM, Blogger Brother James said...

Jay, I've been thinking quietly to myself, about Israel and the current state called 'Israel'. God named Jacob as Israel, and established his legacy. The state we know today as Israel was created by world powers at the behest of victimized Jews.
Even though it's called Israel, and it occupies the same geography of ancient Israel, I'm wondering if it's not God's Israel. Look at the fruit of this venture.
The violence between the Arabs and Jews, to me seems like the strife between abortion doctors and clinic bombers: The Devil is in the extremes, trying to pull Christians away from their center in Christ, getting them passionately involved and forget the Gospel.
It may seem silly, but I'm trying to be vigilant against the wickedness and snares of the Devil, and a puppet Israel would be perfect bait to get Christians to forget key parts of the Gospel in favor of human political/patriotic sentiment.
Once again, look at the fruit.

 
At 7/18/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Is that neccisarily the Pope or just your typical run of the mill liberal bishop (maybe even Church of England?)

 
At 7/19/2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the pope. Look at the staff: that's not a normal crosier.

 
At 7/19/2006 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More to the point, the source page for the cartoon makes it quite clear that it is the Pope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger