Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dale Price on Today's Michigan GOP Primary

My friend Dale Price explains his support for Santorum in "A choice, not an echo":
... I won't pretend that Senator Santorum was my first choice. I've always liked him, especially up close and personal. But I was looking for a candidate with solid executive experience, and he didn't have it. Never the less, the Pawlenty "Brave Sir Robin" act and Rick Perry's inexplicable flameout took those options off the table.

I still think Santorum needs to develop the discipline to steer away from hot-button trap questions he really wants to answer, but at least you know what's on his mind.

[...]

Back to the Senator: yes, he's got pork and massive entitlement (Medicare Part D) issues, but he also is someone who can take the credit for ending a lifetime entitlement with welfare reform. He also has a vision supportive of more limited government, with support for a civil society with its "mediating institutions." He has also shown the ability to win over voters in a purple-blue state, which says something for his campaigning skills. He's aware that America is faced with people in the world who wish her ill, and he feels the HHS assault in his guts. There will be no backdown on that. No, he's not a perfect candidate (I'd like him softer on certain issues like immigration, for a start), but I'm surprised by how well he laps the field.

[...]

I'm looking for a choice, not an echo. Santorum for President.

[Read the whole thing]

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2/28/2012 3:32 PM, Blogger DP said...

Thank you kindly for the hat-tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger