Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Debate Answer I Long to Hear

[Laughs good-naturedly in response to question] Well, I may not have served in the Obama Administration or appeared in the pages of Vogue magazine, but I don't think those are necessarily valid measures of "sophistication" or "intelligence", either. [Looks gravely into the camera] Look, it's not a matter of "believes" or "doesn't believe" in a scientific theory that, quite honestly, a whole lot of people are skeptical about, and rightly so, given the fact that the earth has heated and cooled all on its own - without any help from humans - for millenia. What this is about is that, in one of the worst economies in our nation's history, with millions of folks unemployed and struggling to make ends meet, it just doesn't make sense to implement the sort of policy schemes supported by Ambassador Huntsman and President Obama that will devastate our already fragile economy, throw even more people out of work, and raise the costs of heating and cooling our homes and driving our cars beyond what people can afford.

So, the question is not whether I quote/unquote "believe" in science the way some folks around here seem to treat it like some sort of religion, but rather why Ambassador Huntsman and President Obama and those like them, who seek to impose their catastrophic tax and cap regulatory schemes that will only further devastate our economy, seem so unconcerned about the working families of this country on whom their policies will most heavily fall. I'm for putting America BACK to work, not breaking our backs economically to futher some environmentalist dogma.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8/22/2011 9:22 AM, Blogger Paul Zummo said...

I take it you're not as crazy about Huntsman as you were a few months ago.

 
At 8/22/2011 12:21 PM, Blogger priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

JUST GOTTA SAY- I love the pic of St Thomas More you have on your masthead. That is all.

 
At 8/22/2011 10:07 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I'm not sure I was ever "crazy" about him. But I was willing to give him a fair hearing based on

(1) his strong pro-life record as governor, and

(2) the personal recommendation made to me by the Sam Brownback's former presidential campaign manager.

I gave Huntsman a hearing, and didn't like what I heard. Insufferable, lefty ingratiating weasel is the impression I am getting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger