Thursday, September 09, 2010

Catholic Blogger to Burn Copies of National Catholic Reporter

LarryD has the story:
A little-known central Kansas Catholic blogger has announced that he will burn a copy of the National Catholic Reporter on his front lawn on Monday September 13, the Memorial of St John Chrysostom.

Renfrew Dachs, who blogs at 'Orthodachs Review', announced on Labor Day his intention to set fire to the most recent issue of the left-leaning paper. As he wrote on his blog:

"It is time to expose this publication for what it is. It is a heterodox publication that is trying to masquerade as a Catholic publication, seeking to deceive many within the Church."


[...]

"I've had people tell me they're coming to attend the burning. A bunch have mailed me copies of the National Catholic Reporter, along with some back issues of Commonweal and America, so I expect a pretty large fire Monday. I've also received a number of nasty emails, too. They're not death threats - pretty much just folks telling me to stop being judgmental, or that I'll harm the environment by increasing my carbon footprint, with all that smoke and stuff."

[Read the whole thing]
(Hat tip: Creative Minority Report)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9/09/2010 5:23 PM, Blogger Larry Denninger said...

Thanks, Jay, for the link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger