Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ditka! [UPDATED]

Mike Ditka rips idiot Miami Dolphins general manager who asked wide receiver Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute during draft interview:
Mike Ditka was a guest on Miami sports-radio station 790 The Ticket and blasted Ireland. When Ditka was coach of the Chicago Bears in the 1980s, Ireland was a ball boy. Ireland's grandfather, Jim Parmer, was the Bears' college scouting director at the time.

"Somebody ought to whack him in the head," Ditka said of Ireland, according to a blog by Palm Beach Post reporter Edgar Thompson. "You don't ask that question. If you think you know it, you know.

"What are you going to confront a young man with that situation for? He probably loves his mother no matter what she is or who she is. Why would somebody do that? I don't understand things like that. Maybe I'm naive or I'm old. I don't understand that.

"What do you get from asking that question? What's it all about? Every bit of information has to be spread out on the table now? Is that it? Everybody's dirty linen has to be out? I disagree with that. I'm sorry."




UPDATE
I didn't realize that the idiot who asked Bryant about his mom is the same Jeff Ireland with whom I went to Baylor (I had classes with the guy in the Business School):
... But hey, people make mistakes. Can you name the 1991 Baylor kicker who missed three field goals, including a 27-yarder, against Rice, helping the eighth-ranked Bears lose by three to a 20.5-point underdog? The kicker who was roundly hated and booed but went on to become a well-respected man in professional football?

Jeff Ireland.
You learn something new every day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger