Monday, March 08, 2010

No More Linking ...

... to any website or blog that displays this ad:


So far today, I've seen the ad at both HotAir.com and TownHall.com, both sites owned by Salem Communications, an outfit describing itself as "a leading U.S. radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values".

Since when did displaying an ad of a young woman wearing a t-shirt declaring "I'd Rather Be Waterboarding" qualify as "Christian and family-themed content"? Since when did celebrating torture as something in which someone would enjoy participating constitute "conservative values"?

If that's the sort of "values" embraced by the modern-day "conservative movement" and the so-called "Christian right", then count me the hell out.


UPDATE (9 March)
I no longer see the ad displayed anywhere on HotAir, so unless I see it again, I suppose I can resume linking to that site. But the ad can still be seen prominently displayed at TownHall.com.


UPDATE (10 March)
Spoke too soon. Just saw this stupid ad again at the bottom of a post at HotAir.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2010 11:46 AM, Blogger PB said...

I've found those ads to be annoying as well. Not only for the reasons you've listed, but they are just stupid products too.

 
At 3/09/2010 7:43 PM, Blogger Buster Kitty said...

Why would you link to "Hot Air" anyway? Ed Morrissey has a history of making anti-catholic comments.

 
At 3/09/2010 8:35 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"Ed Morrissey has a history of making anti-catholic comments."

I don't think so. Ed Morrissey IS Catholic and, from what I can tell, a devout one.

You must be thinking about the God-hating, anti-Catholic libertarian atheist who is Ed's co-blogger. I agree that guy has a history of making anti-Catholic comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger