Monday, March 01, 2010

Literaturgy

I am secure enough in my manhood to admit to being a fan of Jane Austen. And I proudly list Pride and Prejudice as one of my favorite novels, and the BBC/A&E version of Pride and Prejudice as one of my favorite movies.

So, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this spot-on piece of literary-liturgical allegory from St. Louis Catholic:
If today's faithful Catholic is represented by Elizabeth Bennet, bright, hopeful and coming of age, then the liturgical forms would have to be represented by Mr. Darcy and Mr. Wickham.

Mr. Wickham is immediately accessible, loves to talk--especially about how bad ol' Darcy is-- has some initial minor flash but soon proves to be tedious and unreliable.

Mr. Darcy at first glance looks stuffy and condescending, but proves over time to be noble, true, of high quality and charitable.

The ordinary and the extraordinary.
(Hat tip: Creative Minority Report)


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
The "Elizabeth Bennett Conservatives"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger