Thursday, December 03, 2009

Quote of the Day: Different Political Directions

From a Christianity Today interview with Mike Huckabee:
A lot of people compare you and Sarah Palin as conservative Christian candidates. What separates you two? What makes you different?

Well, it's hard for me to say what's different because I don't know. I don't know how people make the comparison. We were both governors, we certainly are both pretty clear in our expression of faith, so yeah, we share those things. But other than those things, I'm not sure where the comparisons are. We're both Republican, we're both pro-life—there are a lot of similarities that way—but she has a very different political direction than I do. I'm not sure of her future politically, and I'm really not sure of mine either.
(emphasis added)

From a a commenter at HotAir comes this pithy quote of the day:
Yeah, her political direction is up and his is down!
Yep, that about nails it.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/04/2009 12:45 PM, Blogger Adam The Stoic Nontheist said...

Jay, do you honestly believe that Palin has a bright political future? I don't see it. I am not say this is because she has crazy politics, because that is not the issue for me. I know I will never vote for her for the President because she resigned from her only executive post. How could anyone ever think that she will be ready to take on being President of the United States if she had to step down from being governor of Alaska, regardless of her reasons?

I am certainly no Palin basher and am tired of the liberal elitists who love slamming her, but that being said, she is irrelevant to me. I think her role in the GOP should be, at most, as a Senator.

 
At 12/06/2009 11:39 AM, Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I would vote for Palin, but I think Huckabee has a better chance of getting the Republican nomination. Huckabee's involvment in the Clemmons case has been misrepresented - and I think it will fade. Palin has baggage too, and I think she has more than Huckabee does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger