Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Jeffords, Chafee, Specter, Scozzafava

See a pattern here? Yeah, me, too.

Each of these people received significant amounts of campaign dollars and on-the-ground assistance from the national Republican party during their last election campaigns - sometimes even in Republican primary fights against more conservative GOP challengers - only to gladly take the money and then run away from the party and collude with the Democrats when things didn't go their way.

I don't really blame them. Like the proverbial scorpion who stung the frog, it's just in their nature. Liberals acting like liberals. No, I blame the frogs in the Republican Party establishment who continue to make the same miscalculation over and over and over again and never learn from their mistakes when it comes to commiting significant party resources (not to mention party credibility) on behalf of allegedly more "electable" liberals against more solidly conservative opposition.

Too bad GOP insiders like John Boehner are too clueless to figure out what "unsophisticated" grassroots conservatives and a bunch of bloggers seem to know by instinct:
The top-ranking House Republican told reporters on Monday that he regrets having supported former GOP House candidate Dede Scozzafava…

“This lady clearly has as agenda that’s different than most Republicans; she was out there promoting herself,” House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said, noting that he has encouraged all members of the GOP conference to support Conservative Party candidate Doug Hoffman.
(emphasis added)

Gee, ya think?

I mean, it's not like you have the Jeffords/Chafee/Specter experience to go by, or anything. It's not like the grassroots activists you've been working against as you pushed Scozzafava's candidacy have been shouting at the top of their lungs that the woman is nothing more than a Democrat in All But Label Only (DIABLO), or anything.

Frickin' morons.


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
NY-23 a Test Case for 2010 Florida Senate Race

Sarah Palin, Gamechanger

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11/03/2009 8:35 AM, Blogger LargeBill said...

Boehner is my representative and normally he is one of the good one, but wow was he ever late to the party on this one. I even called his office a couple weeks ago trying to get them to understand that Boehner was endorsing a Democrat in NY-23. The person who answered the phone actually argued with me claiming Scozzafava was not liberal.

This crap is why I'm an advocate of never giving to the RNC, NRSC or NRCC or any other national organization. Give to specific candidates who share your values (or at least most or some of your values). As far as I could tell, Scozzafava shared no values or positions with me.

 
At 11/03/2009 9:51 AM, Blogger Terry said...

All I know is that I've never done two things with respect to politics: registered as a Republican or donated to a campaign. I will do both in my support of Marco Rubio.

 
At 11/03/2009 9:55 AM, Blogger James H said...

TO be fair we cannot ignore 99 percent of Moderate to Liberal Republicans that stay in the party. Just saying.

 
At 11/03/2009 9:57 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Terry,

Nor have I ever done either of those things. I'm interested, though, in why you'd have to register as a Repub to support Rubio. Does Florida have a closed primary system?

If so, I suppose that's good news for Rubio. Should cut down on the number of McCainesque crossover votes in support of Crist (although I suppose the very highly motivated crossover types could always bother registering as Repubs, assuming they could stomach the label).

 
At 11/03/2009 11:28 AM, Blogger Terry said...

Jay,

Yes, we have a closed primary system. I agree with you that it should probably help Rubio although it's based solely on the anecdotal observation that Democrats are Democrats, Republicans are Republicans, and NPA's are NPA's down here.

Kendrick Meek's every bit as liberal as Rubio is conservative, so if Rubio can pull this off, he has a great shot in the general. That's why I'll hold my nose and switch labels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger