Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back from San Antonio

I'm back in Ohio after a GREAT weekend in San Antonio. Here are a few photos of my trip:

John T. Floore Country Store in Helotes, TX


Inside the John T. Floore Country Store in Helotes, TX


Max Stalling was the opening act.


Robert Earl Keen and the Robert Earl Keen Band


Robert Earl Keen


REK and me after the show.
He was kind enough to take time to sign autographs
and pose for photos with his fans.
A genuinely nice guy.


"Road Goes On Forever" 20th Anniversary
commemorative T-shirt signed by REK


"Road Goes on Forever" 20th Anniversary
commemorative book signed by REK



Mariachis at Mi Tierra in downtown San Antonio



Floating the Rio Frio near Concan, TX

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6/23/2009 9:11 AM, Blogger mRed said...

San Antonio is one of my favorite cities. One New Years Eve I was awakened with fireworks going off outside our hotel window. Once my wife and I got off the floor, we enjoyed the rest of the show.

 
At 6/23/2009 9:30 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

San Antonio is my favorite city in the world. When my employer allowed me to work from home, that gave us the opportunity to live whereever we wanted. Our choice of where to move came down to Northern Ohio (where my wife has family and the Catholic schools are quite affordable) and San Antonio.

We made the right choice in relocating to Ohio, but weekends like the one I just had definitely cause me to second guess sometimes. I'm thinking the San Antonio area will be a nice place to retire.

 
At 6/23/2009 9:43 AM, Anonymous Big Tex said...

Looks like a you had a great time. I really enjoy Max Stalling as well. Now, I want to go float the Guadalupe.

 
At 6/24/2009 1:31 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

The Frio was quite low because of a lack of recent rainfall (there were several spots where we had to carry our tubes). Apparently, the Guadalupe is low as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger