Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Call It a Hunch ...

... but I have this nagging feeling that we may lose our wonderful Bishop Blair to St. Louis. Anyone else in the Toledo Diocese (or the Archdiocese of St. Louis, for that matter) getting this vibe?

One of the reasons I'm thinking along these lines is that, for the past couple of weeks, I keep getting hits from St. Louis with the search terms "Bishop Leonard Blair". The word on who will be filling the vacancy in St. Louis is supposedly coming any day now.


UPDATE
Of course, I also thought Bishop Blair would be headed to either Cincinnati or Detroit, and that didn't happen. So, take this with a grain of salt.


UPDATE #2
Seems I've missed the boat again. Apparently, there's already a new Archbishop in St. Louis.
;-)


UPDATE #3
I don't want to mislead anyone, so I have to point out that UPDATE #2 is an April Fool's Joke, just in case anyone didn't get it. A new Archbishop of St. Louis hasn't been named yet, and, at any rate, it is highly doubtful that it would be Fellay of the SSPX.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4/01/2009 3:14 PM, Blogger PB said...

That's good I guess, I don't want to loose our good bishop.

 
At 4/01/2009 3:19 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

He's ideal for St. Louis (or any other major archdiocese ... very orthodox and an excellent teacher, but much more low key than, for example, Archbishop Burke was. And I'm guessing he probably is under serious consideration for the job.

But I certainly don't want to lose him either.

 
At 4/02/2009 12:53 PM, Blogger thetimman said...

I have heard Blair, but also Carlson, Vann, Aymond and others.

 
At 4/02/2009 6:01 PM, Blogger Anita Moore said...

I have to admit that when I first saw the Bishop Fellay item on Fr. Z's blog, it had me going for a couple of minutes...until I remembered what day it was. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger