Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Last Night, I Finally Watched "Bella"

Although I had touted "Bella" on this blog in the past, I never got around to seeing the movie myself until last night. It was on the Lifetime Movie Network as part of their "Hispanic Heritage Month" lineup.

In addition to the movie's strong pro-life message, I was equally struck by "Bella"'s celebration of strong family ties and familial love. I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to do so. "Bella" is a fitting title for this beautiful movie.



Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Rick Santorum: "5 Characters Reject Abortion in a Cultural Shift in Movies"

bella the movie

Pro-Life Movie "Bella" Wins Award

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10/07/2008 11:47 AM, Blogger island breezes said...

I'm glad it made it to cable at least. We (our parish)previewed it here (Cayman) but it didn't show in the theatre for general public.

We also watched it with our children last night, and they all thought it was beautiful. They also thought the little girl 'looked' like a 'Bella'!

 
At 10/07/2008 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally watched it Friday. It was one of the few movies that made my wife cry. Truly beautiful. I'm a helpless romantic, so it was no surprise that I shed a tear.

 
At 10/07/2008 12:00 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I must admit that I got a little watery-eyed myself.

 
At 10/07/2008 12:35 PM, Blogger PB said...

Great movie, very well done

 
At 10/07/2008 1:52 PM, Blogger Dad29 said...

Heh.

That's another film I had to arm-wrestle the family to watch.

After which, they all thanked me for forcing them to watch it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger