Monday, August 25, 2008

Mark the Date, Folks: I Agree With Morning's Minion

Morning's Minion today asks whether "Denying the Eucharist to Torture Supporters" would be appropriate.

I give that sentiment a resounding YES! If you support torture, "enhanced interrogation techniques", or whatever euphemism with which you wish to pretty it up, you have no business presenting yourself for Communion.

Morning's Minion concludes:

Let me end on a note of irony: the newly-formed, but predictable Catholics Against Joe Biden blog spends a lot of time discussing the worthiness of Senator Biden to receive Communion, while simultaneously giving a big shout-out to none other than Kathryn Jean Lopez. Funny they miss that.
For the record, I'm no fan of Ms. Lopez. Although I have linked to some of her material on occasion, I have spent quite a bit of space criticizing her, especially her statement that Sen. McCain is not "conservative" - her phrase was "not one of us" - because of his opposition to waterboarding.

Although I don't like to play the "shout out" game myself (Lord knows, I link to several people every day and don't expect any thanks in return, and I don't generally take up space here thanking those who link to me either), I will not find fault with my co-blogger for thanking Ms. Lopez for her link to Catholics Against Joe Biden, which significantly increased traffic to the site. Just common courtesy.

In fact, I'll thank Morning's Minion for linking, as well. Thanks, Tony, you're a mensch!


Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
The Big Fat Beam in My Eye

Shea Says "McCain Wimps Out" ... [UPDATED]

"Not One of Us"

Some Clarification

My Message to Sen. Sam Brownback

Does Sam Brownback Condone Torture?

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8/25/2008 1:51 PM, Blogger Morning's Minion said...

You're welcome!

 
At 8/25/2008 4:27 PM, Blogger DP said...

Yep, MM is 100% right. It would also make for a fine teaching moment should the episcopate start moving on this. Torture should be hit head-on.

 
At 8/25/2008 4:36 PM, Blogger Jeff Miller said...

The only person I really like at NRO is Ramesh since he doesn't let politics get in the way of faith.

KLO gets it totally right on abortion, but totally wrong on torture.

 
At 8/25/2008 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would not Abortion be considered Torture?


OHIO JOE

 
At 8/25/2008 10:12 PM, Blogger Kyle Cupp said...

It's Monday, August 25, 2008.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger