Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Modesty Eludes Her

You may recall my highly controversial post from a couple of years ago titled "Purity Becomes Her", which regarded the GQ Magazine cover spread of one lovely and talented Miss Adriana Lima. At the time I posted it, I believed it was relevant because Miss Lima's GQ interview covered such topics as her Catholic faith, her pro-life beliefs, and her assertion that she was going to remain a virgin until marriage.

However, many commenters believed that Miss Lima's immodesty in her modeling photos belied her claims of being a devout Catholic, and chastised me for posting the story.

Well, although I stand by my decision to publish that particular post, it seems Miss Lima's critics may have been right about her immodesy. You see, a couple of months ago, GQ came out with a new cover spread featuring Miss Lima that is all spread and very little cover.

I won't be providing a link, because the photos definitely constitute a near occasion of sin. If you want to see them, you'll have to go look for them yourself. Fair warning, though.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6/03/2008 6:54 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

This one?

Very biblical pose. I love the story of Adam and Eve on the Beach of Eden.

 
At 6/03/2008 8:26 PM, Blogger Brother Declan said...

Let's keep this gal in our prayers. Kim Alexis is a former model and she is very outspoken on the pro-life issue.

And so is Kathy Ireland:

"Is it all right for the government to allow the murder of an innocent human being? The evidence I see tells me the unborn is a human being. From the moment of conception, a new life comes into being with a complete genetic blueprint. The sex is determined. The blood type is determined."

 
At 6/03/2008 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know I am getting old. I clicked on the link thoughtfully supplied by Rick and my first thought was "Put some clothes on young lady!" Perhaps having a teen-age daughter does impact one's view of the world.

 
At 6/03/2008 11:14 PM, Blogger Literacy-chic said...

I found it. Didn't think it would be an occasion of sin for me! ;) So if she shifted the palm frond up about 2 inches, I don't think it would have been nearly as risque. Doesn't the fact that she's Brazilian count a bit here? Standards for immodesty are cultural. What gets an American male all hot & bothered might not get a double-take from a Brazilian male--desensitization and all 'o that...

 
At 6/04/2008 9:32 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

I tried that "cultural" argument regarding Brazilian norms a couple of years ago (actually, it was my wife who made the point to me then), but my critics weren't buying it.

Besides, if Brazilian men can look at THAT and NOT be affected by it, then no wonder all these hot Brazilian supermodels are leaving their homeland behind and coming to America.

 
At 6/04/2008 10:18 AM, Blogger Literacy-chic said...

Ha ha *snort*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger