Father’s Day in the Blogosphere
Special thanks to Eric Scheske of The Daily Eudemon for once again mentioning this blog in his monthly column at National Catholic Register. This month's offering from Eric deals with "blogging fatherhood":
... This dual desire — the desire to be holy and the desire to be a good father — thrives in the blogosphere. A quick trip through Catholic cyberspace will reveal a small army of anti-Rousseaus. If you want to find them, start with these:Once again, I'm honored.
• Catholic Dads (catholic-dads.blogspot.com). The blogosphere’s gateway to Catholic fatherhood. With more than 50 listed contributors (unfortunately, most not active), the site is dedicated to building an online community of Catholic dads. St. Joseph is the patron. Its blog roll in the right column provides scores of Catholic father links.
• Sardonic Catholic Dad (sardoniccatholicdad.blogspot.com). Its sub-title, “Confessions of a Bad Catholic,” is hard to believe. This new blogger has 11 children and his posts are faithful to the magisterium.
• Pro Ecclesia (proecclesia.blogspot.com). Jay Anderson’s popular blog. Not dedicated to fatherhood, but the topic comes up frequently.
• Thoughts of a Regular Guy (regularthoughts.blogspot.com). Varied and fun. Strongly pro-life. Could any sincerely good father could be otherwise?
• Quaffs and Quibbles (quaffsandquibbles.blogspot.com). Blog by a no-nonsense military man and father of six. Highly recommended.
• Three other good Catholic father-centric blogs that would be great if updated more frequently: Catholic Father (catholicfather.blogspot.com), Be the Dad, Play the Dad (playthedad.blogspot.com) and Bruggie Tales (bruggietales.blogspot.com)...
[Read the entire excellent article]
Of course, any of the Catholic fathers who blog at Catholic Dads would have been worthy mentions in Eric's column. One omission in particular, however, may put poor Eric in line for a pistol whipping, I'm afraid. That would be the blogging dad who I most aspire to be like (except for all that geeky sci-fi stuff he's always blogging about - Battlestar Galactica excepted, of course) - Mr. Dale Price of Dyspeptic Mutterings.
There are many, many other blogging dads of note for whom I have a great deal of admiration - in fact, too many to list them all. But I do want to give a shout out to one dad in particular who was and is the driving force in putting together and administering the Catholic Dads blog - RobK of Kyrie Eleison.
Happy Father's Day to all you blogging dads in the Catholic blogosphere! St. Joseph, patron and protector of the family, pray for us.
Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
Catholic Masculinity & Virility in St. Blog’s