Friday, May 09, 2008

Are You Sirius?

Rich Leonardi's posts at Ten Reasons are always an enlightening read.

But I agree with Mrs. Darwin that it is Rich's critiques of parenting trends that go dogmatically overboard - such as "attachment parenting" - that make Ten Reasons a "fun" read.

My response to Rich's most recent post on the topic:
If you want to drive Mrs. Anderson straight into the nuthouse, tell her that not only must she remain open to having even more children than the 4 in 5 years that she already has, but that she has to then sling them around all day or else she's a "lazy" Catholic parent.

No thanks.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 5/09/2008 12:33 PM, Blogger Terry said...

If I start blogging again, now I know what to focus on if I want traffic. :)

It's in double digits.

 
At 5/09/2008 5:48 PM, Blogger mrsdarwin said...

I always enjoy watching Rich take on stupid, because he doesn't mince any words. His AP stuff is my favorite, though. But hey! Maybe I just don't care enough about my kids!

My dad always told us, "I'm raising you to be adults," and that's the parenting advice I live by.

 
At 5/09/2008 9:42 PM, Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

'Glad you liked it, Jay and Mrs. D. As fun as these fisks are, I do think the Popcaks' peculiar brand of parenting is downright dangerous. They have taken an interesting methodology and turned it into an ideology; anything less than total commitment must be condemned. In any event, I get enough hits that a Google search will take people to my site, which is one of the reasons why I revisited this distasteful subject.

 
At 5/09/2008 10:46 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

AP *may* have had a hand in ruining the marriage of a couple we know. To make a long story short: the husband did not buy into the AP stuff, the wife was dogmatic about it. The husband protested about the children sleeping in the bed. The wife insisted on the AP stuff, and eventually the husband started surfing the net compulsively. Now they are divorced. Maybe there is no connection, but it doesn't sound really good.

 
At 5/10/2008 9:01 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

BTW, I think if people really like AP and both parents are on board, then, by all means, do it. I don't want to criticize anybody if they like AP and it worked for their family.

I guess I just disagree with the mindset that you *have* to or you are a bad parent. Dr. Sears's "The Baby Book" almost drove me over the edge, so I can only speak for myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger