Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Regular Guy Paul: "What I Need From McCain"

Regular Guy Paul writes:
It strikes me as just barely possible that somewhere, Senator John McCain is looking at his success in the primaries thus far, and thinking about his own record, and wondering why he's so unpopular with so much of the base. "What do they want from me?" I imagine him asking. The purpose of this post is to answer that question.

Here's what I want from John McCain in order to be able to support him...


[Read the whole thing]
In related news:
McCain to Critics on Right: 'Calm Down'

PHOENIX (AP) -
Republican John McCain, buoyed by Super Tuesday wins that pushed him closer to the nomination, told his conservative critics Wednesday to dial back the animosity and focus on issues where they agree.

"I do hope that at some point we would just calm down a little bit and see if there's areas we can agree on," McCain said at a news conference in a Phoenix airport hangar.

Reinforced by Tuesday's returns as the front-runner in the Republican race for president, the Arizona senator took a break from campaigning to return to Washington, where he planned to speak to a gathering of conservatives Thursday.

"I do hope that at some point we would just calm down a little bit and see if there's areas we can agree on," McCain said..
.
I certainly hope he's going to offer us more than that.

Striking a conciliatory tone when he speaks to CPAC tomorrow might be a good start.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger