Monday, January 07, 2008

Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em - Just For Him Tobacco

Our old friend Advocatus Militaris (Not Really a Bad Guy, But His Record Indicates Otherwise) has an excellent post on the manly art of pipe smoking over at Fumare, which post includes a link to a family-run business called Just For Him Tobacco.

Sean P. Dailey of The Blue Boar also has a post on the subject.

I'm inspired to light up my pipe today in solidarity. I had been abstaining because I'm due to apply for a life insurance policy through the Knights of Columbus, and life insurance companies treat occasional pipe smoking the same way they treat someone who smokes multiple packs of cigarettes per day. But what the hell. It's 60-some degrees outside, my office window is open, and I might as well light up and enjoy myself.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 12:38 PM, Blogger PB said...

Hey Jay, I've got my life insurance with the Knights too!

 
At 1/07/2008 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, my cigar smoking didn't come up when I got the KoC insurance, but I have the absolute most basic plan that you get when you join.

 
At 1/07/2008 2:36 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

It's only when you want to get a larger policy later on that your smoking status comes into play. It's not that they won't cover you, but rather it causes the cost of coverage to skyrocket if you're deemed a "tobacco user".

 
At 1/07/2008 3:40 PM, Blogger Publius said...

Thanks for the post Jay. I'm going to be lighting up a stogie this afternoon and enjoy the weather too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger