Monday, January 14, 2008

Anti-Huckabee E-mail Targets Michigan Catholics

David Schrader reports at Catholics in the Public Square:
The text of the [anti-Huckabee] email can be found here. This looks to me like someone who really doesn't like Governor Huckabee who is using the anti-Catholic bias card to try and stir up some discontent and anger among Catholics. Will it work? We'll see Tuesday.
See also this post at The Opinionated Catholic and this post at RedState and this post by Rod Dreher at Crunchy Con.

My Comments:
Deja vu all over again? Eight years ago, it was in Michigan that the McCain campaign first played the anti-Catholic card against George W. Bush. Is McCain's camp back to their old tricks?

Any more stunts like this email, and I'm liable to go ahead and declare my support for Huckabee on the spot.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/14/2008 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no fan of Huckabee at all, but this line of attack has got to stop. And if it is McCain's camp, it's certainly priceless considering all the whining they still do about South Carolina in 2000.

 
At 1/14/2008 11:36 AM, Blogger DP said...

This would reflect very badly indeed on the McCain camp. There's about one thing that holds water, and that's from the nasty spat with Brownback.

 
At 1/14/2008 1:14 PM, Blogger James H said...

I don't care who people support (well I guess I do) but charges of Antoi Catholicsim should not be made lighlty

I have responded as best as I can to to these charges here at

http://opinionatedcatholic.blogspot.com/2008/01/all-catholic-michigan-republicans-being.html

I shall update this entry at my blog with some words of wisdom from Francis Beckwith. As many knows is the most famous Revert back to his Catholic faith of the year. A man that needless to say has a viewpoint that should be listened too. He too has weighed in.

As you note I have pointed out that leading Catholic Politicains and in fact people that are running have associated with Hagee. I am also glad that Redstate has issued a clarification

Thank you for allowing me to post this

Now as to Brownback. I highly doubt that he is behind this. As I pointed out before there appears to have been some reconcillation between the Brownback and Huckabee in what was a heated campaign.

I will also say I dounbt this is coming from the Mccain campaign. Because needless to say he would be exposed right away for hsi associations with Hagee.

These are examples of groups I suspect that the Camapigns have no control over. That is feverent supporters thinking they are doing their guy a great good.

Again I don't think there is any indications that McCain would do thisin a knowing fashion or his campaign staff. This should bea example to all of us that sometimes "whispers campaigns" should not be associated with the views of the people running

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger