Monday, November 19, 2007

Rich Leonardi on the "Pro-Lifer's Dilemma"

Taking the weekend off from blogging means I'm a little late to the game on getting around to Rich's post from Saturday, which asks:
... What say you? Could you explain pulling the lever for a "President Guiliani (or Romney)" to Christ and abortion's 47 million victims?

[Read the whole post for context]
It looks like a lot of folks have already weighed in over at Rich's with their views on this. I'll add my 2 cents here. While I MAY be able to pull the lever for Romney, I think my own view with regard to Giuliani has been made VERY clear over the last year or so. Under NO circumstances will I vote to put an unrepentant pro-abortion candidate (especially one who purports to be Catholic) like Rudy Giuliani in the White House.

I think some of the commenters at Rich's blog do a fairly good job of providing the reasons why I will make that particular choice to forego voting for Rudy should he be the Republican nominee. See, e.g., Fr. Gearhart who agrees with Fr. Fox who agrees with Paul Zummo who agrees with Donald McClarey, and Regular Guy Paul who agrees with all of them. See also Christopher Blosser's comments.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger