Monday, August 20, 2007

Huckabee Campaign: "How Dare Sam Brownback Take Time Off from Campaigning for His 25th Anniversary?"

(Hat tip: For the Greater Glory)

This kind of pathetic nonsense is why I'm really starting to hate politics:
Does this sound like Fire in the Belly?

From the NY Times: Senator Sam Brownback, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, is running near the bottom in polls.

But by one standard Mr. Brownback has trounced his rivals: He is taking a five-day August vacation.

That’s right, the candidate plans to do no campaigning, no fund-raising, no meeting with staff and no interviews for five-sevenths of a week
[ED.: Heaven forbid! You mean he's not going to act like a politician for 5 whole days?!? Whatever shall we do?], while he and his wife retreat to a family home in the Colorado Rockies [ED.: For their 25th wedding anniversary, according to For the Greater Glory].

Editorial note: If I had given money, time, sweat and tears to the Brownback campaign I would be furious about this. Perhaps you Brownback supporters should consider throwing your support behind Huckabee who HAS the fire in the belly.
My Comments:
The more I hear from the Huckabee campaign - first with the anti-Catholic whisper campaign and now with this non-issue, the more I'm reminded that the only reason Louisiana hasn't floated off into the Gulf of Mexico is because Arkansas sucks.

It's bad enough that "Slick Willie" Clinton made "BJ" a household word, that Jerry Jones owns the Cowboys, and that Wal-Mart is destroying small-town America. The last thing we need is a presidential matchup between a former Arkansas governor and a former Arkansas first lady.

And I don't vote for politicians from Hope, Arkansas, anyway.

(P.S. I'm not a Republican, so the so-called "11th Commandment" doesn't apply to me.)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8/20/2007 9:42 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Gee, if he'll take time off from campaigning, will he also (if elected) take time off from (dare we hope?) governing?!

It's enough to make me get me back on the Brownback bandwagon!

 
At 8/20/2007 9:54 PM, Blogger Fr Martin Fox said...

I left a comment at Gov. Huckabee's site; wonder if it will show up?

We've had a few "pro-family" politicians who are anything but toward their own families.

 
At 8/21/2007 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr. Fox:

I also left a comment that has not shown up. I was polite (I'm not always).

 
At 8/21/2007 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who wrote this is not affiliated with the Huckabee campaign, you realize. He simply took the name "Mike Huckabee President 2008" on Blogger back in 2005.

I personally believe that he and Brownback are the two most serious pro-life candidates and of the two, Huckabee is far better. Do what you will in the primary, but I hope you wouldn't vote for a third party candidate or stay home just because of two things that a couple of overzealous bloggers said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger