Friday, April 20, 2007

And the Philadelphia Enquirer [sic] Joins In (With an Anti-Catholic Cartoon)

Yesterday, I asked "How long before before some mainstream media outlet makes hay out of the fact that all 5 of the Supreme Court votes to uphold the PBA ban came from Catholic justices?"

We got our first answer to the question shortly thereafter when Rosie O'Donnell opined on yesterday's episode of The View that Catholics shouldn't be allowed to sit on the Supreme Court (with Barbara Walters sorta joining in).

Now, today, Catholic Mom sends word that a major daily newspaper has joined the anti-Catholic fray:


Jews made up 50% of the dissent, but I see the Inquirer decided not to make note of it.


UPDATE
And check out the Inquirer's Orwellian diatribe against the Court's "activist" ruling. Only in loony-lib-land could a decision that upholds an act of Congress by not extending a "right" found nowhere in the Constitution be described as "activist".

I wonder if the Inquirer took similar umbrage at the truly astounding exercise of judicial activism represented by the decision in Lawrence v. Texas (also authored by Justice Kennedy). Somehow, I think not.

As the Inquirer concedes in its editorial:
... the cry of "activist judges!" simply means "I don't like that decision."
Indeed.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 4/20/2007 4:30 PM, Blogger Anita Moore said...

See, now, if Imus had just bashed some Catholics, he'd still be working today!

St. Thomas More is also my professional patron. How can I resist a blog that honors him? Welcome to my roster of Allies for Victory!

 
At 4/21/2007 5:54 AM, Blogger Leticia said...

Rosie is partially correct, the Catholics on the Supreme Court DID, for a change, vote like Catholics.Hooray!
If these public-school educated libs understood the establishment clause, which calls for no state church, they would see that Catholics who act like Catholics aren't violating any law, they're simply expercising their freedom, which our troops are currently dying overseas to protect.

 
At 4/21/2007 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

leticia, excuse me, but what do you mean by "public-school educated libs'? Unfortunately being a product of Catholic Schools is no guarantee that one will learn basic moral teachings such as not murdering an unborn child. Remember Fr. Drinian?

This is not about Catholic vs. public school education, it's about a basic human necessity to protect the unborn.

May God bless the supreme court justices who voted for life. As for me, I'm going to take my public school self and pray for Ruth Bader Ginsburg - my Catholic faith has taught me that I need to pray for her.

 
At 4/21/2007 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say hooray for the Justices who took a stand for the truth and the moral high ground! We need more of that in our public servants. Let's hope this is the begining of a trend for the truth!

This is a great blog! Thank you! And thanks for letting those of us who have to post anonymously do so. There are other blogs, and one in particular, that do not allow it. Censorship at its worst. One especially is hateful and refuses to face the really thorny issues. Thanks for standing up for the truth and letting those of us who have no choice but to post anonymously do so also.

 
At 4/21/2007 8:28 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks for your kind words.

 
At 4/21/2007 9:11 PM, Blogger Leticia said...

OK anonymous, you got me! I AM public school and Catholic school educated, and despite their best efforts, am a die-hard orthodox Catholic. But I am a teacher, and have heard the public school agenda discussed in the lunchroom. . .congratulate yourself that you weren't deceived!

 
At 4/23/2007 12:04 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Where can my bishop get one of those mitres?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger