Monday, April 23, 2007

And Happy Birthday, Jamie!

Not only is today the feast day of St. George, but it is also the 5th birthday of my firstborn, Jamie. Of course, St. George is Jamie's patron saint.

This past weekend, in honor of Jamie's 5th birthday and of St. George, we had a "Knight's Party" at our house. Below are some photos from the event:

Decorations in our entryway hall

The banner reads "A Knight's Party ~ Sir James"

The bouncy castle needs to be patched after 15 or so kids took turns destroying it

The "banquet hall"

A coloring castle that the kids enjoyed using markers to color and the baby enjoyed demolishing

Jamie's castle cake - designed by the same guy who did the Leaning Tower of Pisa

The lord of the castle surveys his domain

The knights and ladies are ready for some cake

"I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your castle down!"

Slaying the dragon

Early morning (today) on Jamie's birthday

Happy Birthday, Jamie!
We love you.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4/23/2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

When I was a little guy, my mom liked to get creative and have "themed" birthday parties for me and my brother, more work for the parents, but I think a lot more memorable than simply going to "chuckie cheese" or something. Well done!

 
At 4/23/2007 2:48 PM, Blogger mrsdarwin said...

Congratulations!

We have a fifth birthday coming up here soon, though I think that the theme will be something more along the lines of "the ladies dress up and take tea".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger