Monday, March 19, 2007

Manly Men Don't Go in for Global Warming Hysteria


(Hat tip: Mark Shea)

In honor of the feast day of the wood-working patron saint of fathers, what could be better than a manly post about this humorous piece from The National Ledger:
The latest point of emphasis in the global warming movement is that cattle farming endangers the planet by producing too much methane. So now, steaks and hamburgers are classified as instruments of destruction, along with large vehicles, lawn mowers, and charcoal grills. It can't be much longer before cowboy movies, cigars and hockey are held to be enemies of the earth as well.

This has got to be the most blatant assault on guyhood since ABC moved Coach to the same night as Roseanne, and turned Hayden Fox into Phil Donahue. [ED.: Don't forget the introduction of Old Spice "Sensitive" - see right.] It's a wonder that liberals don't cut to the chase, by simply claiming that global warming is caused by testosterone. Then, they could make public school nurses siphon the offending fluid from the boys during health class.

***
It's not coincidental that the icon of the global warming movement is former vice president Al Gore, who, during the 2000 presidential campaign, sought advice from feminist author Naomi Wolf on how to become an "alpha male." Needless to say, she did not suggest that he scarf down a steak sandwich while sitting behind the wheel of a riding mower. Instead, her solution was to dress him in earth tones, as if obsessing over his wardrobe was any way to attain guydom. Never is it manly to ask, "does this make my butt look big," even if you want the answer to be yes.

[More]
My Comments:
Just this morning I was at Home Depot and Lowe's looking at what I'm hoping to receive for Father's Day this year - the latest charcoal-fueled technologies for grilling God's tastiest creatures to perfection while at the same time shooting carbon particles into the atmosphere.



[ Insert Tim "the Tool Man" Taylor grunting sounds here. ]





UPDATE
Somewhat off-topic but global warming related nevertheless, it would seem that the purveyors of global-warming hysteria over at the BBC, in addition to polluting the airwaves with their biased bilge, are polluting the atmosphere at quite some rate with all of the air miles they fly. Manly men don't go in for global warming hypocrites, either.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 3:45 PM, Blogger PB said...

Nice looking grill Jay! I won’t grill my dead animals on anything but charcoal, I prefer the hardwood kind. In fact, I contributed to global warming last night by charring some fine pork chops up on my Webber! I bet the beer I drank while doing so contributed too, glad to have been of service.

 
At 3/19/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Jeffrey Smith said...

Hmm, how do I put this?
1. I believe the average temperature of the earth is rising.
2. I think our waste of resources MAY be PART of the problem.
However, I'm inclined to think the major cause just may be all the hot air from yapping environmentalists.

 
At 3/20/2007 10:21 AM, Blogger RobKPhD said...

LOL. I won't be giving up my charcoal grill anytime soon.

 
At 3/20/2007 8:49 PM, Blogger PB said...

By the way, where in the world did you find the man/boy in their underwear picture?!?! I don't want to know what else turned up with that google image search!

 
At 3/20/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

"... where in the world did you find the man/boy in their underwear picture?!?!"

Do a Google image search on "manly men".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger