Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"When the REAL Freaks Took Over"

Regular Guy Paul has been quite chivalrous in his tireless defense of the Duggar family (the family with 16 kids profiled by The Learning Channel) against those who are contemptuous of the Duggars and, apparently, all large families (or at least those parents who intend to pass on their Christian values to their multiple children).

Yesterday, Paul quoted from another blog's outstanding defense of the Duggar family in particular and large families in general:
When did being a decent, large, godfearing family, become the equivalent of being freaks?

I can only come to one conclusion, sadly.

I suppose it occured when the real freaks took over.

Previous Pro Ecclesia posts on this subject:
What Evil Reads Like

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 8:35 PM, Blogger vbspurs said...

Thank you so much for linking to my post, Jay. I had seen your link last week, but omitted to thank you for it -- having moved on from the post, prematurely.

Your blog is just up my alley. I hope to return in future. :)

Cheers,
Victoria

 
At 1/29/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

You are quite welcome, Victoria. I very much enjoyed your post about the Duggars.

Please do come back.

 
At 2/26/2007 6:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Victoria, I found your "Freaks" description through Jay Anderson and loved it.
I also noticed you have St. Thomas Moore (one of my hero's) on your blog.
Thanks

 
At 5/12/2007 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the defense. It always amazes my how many people are horrified at us (large families) for no apperant or good reason.

- Second son of a large family,
now a freshman in college

P.S. Let it be known to all that children of large families OFFICIALY enjoy being so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger