Friday, November 17, 2006

Tomorrow is "Judgment Day" - # 1 vs. # 2

Go Buckeyes!

Actually, despite being a big fan of the Ohio State Buckeyes, I also like the Wolverines of Michigan (I don't buy into all this hate-mongering that goes on among the fans of these two schools - but then, I'm not from around these parts).

Whatever the outcome of tomorrow's big game, I'll be rooting for the winner to win the National Championship in January. That is, unless Michigan wins and the National Championship game is a rematch between Michigan and Ohio State or Michigan and Notre Dame.


UPDATE
I removed the graphic of the Ohio State player urinating in a Michigan helmet. The purpose of the graphic was to poke fun at the intensity of the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry. But at least one reader for whom I have respect was offended by it, and I have chosen to remove it.

7 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 8:52 AM, Blogger PB said...

I am in enimy territory and wearing my Michigan shirt at work today, I have only been here 30 minutes and have already been sneered at.

 
At 11/17/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

I could care less about college football and there is no love lost for Sodom on the Huron (Ann Arbor) but the law of God is written in everyone's heart - therefore we all know that OSU sucks.

;)

 
At 11/17/2006 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you aren't from around those parts, of course the game and hate-mongering that matters is in another week when UVA heads to Va Tech. I want the Cavs to win, but considering the season we've been having, it ain't happening. Unfortunately.

But I still hope we roast that turkey.

 
At 11/17/2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Not being originally from Virginia, the same rule applies for me. I'm a UVA fan first and foremost, but I also cheer for Virginia Tech whenever they're not playing Virginia.

I grew up in Texas in the days of the heated rivalries of the old Southwest Conference. My hatred is reserved for, and I cheer for whomever is playing, the University of Texas.

Oh yeah, and Arkansas big-time sucks, too.

 
At 11/17/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Terry said...

Call me crazy, but your Bears put a scare into the Land Burglars, if not get the upset outright.

100% agreement on the Piggies.

 
At 11/17/2006 1:13 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Just heard on the radio: Bo Schembechler died this morning. RIP

 
At 11/17/2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go BUCKS!

It's a LOT of fun for dh and boys to wear their O caps and shirts in the middle of Carolina territory! It's red or blue down here, only different. When asked about their choice, as the "defectors" that they are, the boys calmly explain that they like to root for the WINNING team!

And Woody (which happens to be dh's nickname and is what finally convinced him to buy a Woody cap) just smiles down from heaven!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger