Friday, November 17, 2006

Bo Schembechler, Rest In Peace

Impeccable timing by one of my football heroes:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Bo Schembechler, who became one of college football's great coaches in two decades at Michigan, died today after taping a TV show on the eve of the Wolverines' No. 1 vs. No. 2 showdown with perennial rival Ohio State. He was 77.

Schembechler collapsed during the taping of a television show in Southfield and was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital. His death at 11:42 a.m. was confirmed by Mike Dowd, chief investigator for the medical examiner's office in Oakland County.
My Comments:
I hope Bo and Woody are sharing a beer right now.

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that... it's a pity there weren't more Woody/Bo contests.

Woody on Bo Schembechler: "We respected one another so damn much. Now that doesn't mean I didn't get so mad at him that I wanted to kick him in the, uh, groin."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger