Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Geography Meme

GOP Soccer Mom tagged me with this Geography Meme:
1. A Place You've Visited and Your Favorite Thing there.
Scotland - Glenfinnan and the Western Highlands
(also Stirling Castle, Edinburgh Castle, Blair Castle, Dunfermline Abbey, Dunkeld Cathedral)

2. A Country You'd Like to Visit and Why
I'd love to continue going back to the British Isles over and over again. I've been to Ireland three times, England twice, and Scotland once. I really want to go back to Scotland with Sarah for a 2nd honeymoon sometime in the next few years, but we'd both also love to visit Wales since we've never been there. I'd also like to visit the Vatican and the Holy Land at some point in my life.

3. A Place From History You'd Like to Visit and Why
Apart from the obvious answer of 1st century Judea so that I could meet Jesus, Our Lady, and the apostles, I'd have to say the Island of Iona during the time of St. Columba, or early medieval England during the time of King Alfred the Great. Both time periods were eras of great learning - a "golden age" so to speak of illuminated books and manuscripts, not only of scripture but of philosophy and the classics.

4. A Place You Know a Lot About
Columbia, VA (I was Mayor of Columbia for 7 years)

5. A Place You'd Like to Learn More About
The Midwest (now that I live here - first time I've ever lived outside the South - I have lots to learn and many places I need to visit)

6. A Fictional Place You'd Like to Visit
Middle Earth

Tag: Mr. & Mrs. Darwin, Rich Leonardi, Dale Price

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger