Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why the GOP Will NEVER See a Dime From Me

From Associated Press via Forbes:
But party leaders say [liberal RINO Lincoln] Chafee is their best bet to hold the seat in Rhode Island, where Democrats outnumber Republicans three-to-one. On Tuesday, the National Republican Senatorial Committee launched an ad attacking [conservative challenger and Mayor of Cranston, RI, Stephen] Laffey for accepting foreign identification cards that it says present national security risks.
My Comments:
Who cares about holding this frickin' seat when the incumbent "Republican" NEVER votes with the party and continuously threatens to caucus with the Democrats?

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Earlier this year, I had a conversation with the Republican Senatorial Committee about Mr. Chaffee and his votes. They basically said that they just support the incumbants. At that point I told them no more money until they start supporting individuals who support the traditional conservative values of our Party. I'm not saying you have to agree with every Republican on every issue, but you should agree that limited government, lower taxes and constitutional (versus so-called 'activist') judges important enough to stand for.

When it became evident that incumbancy was more important than principle, I made a donation to Mr. Laffey.

 
At 8/24/2006 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The GOP supporting Chafee is as dumb as mud. If the Senate got down to 50-50 again, I'd be shocked if he didn't pull a Jeffords. There is simply no good reason not to let him go down.

 
At 8/24/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Years ago, I wrote that the GOP should have read out of the party all six senators who voted to acquit Clinton, including Chafee's late father.

That nut didn't fall very far from the tree.

Maggie is 100% right, the party's focus on incumbency is totally wrong-headed.

 
At 8/24/2006 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't put Chafee's father in the same category as the current Chafee. After all, the late Senator Chafee did vote for Clarence Thomas, while Lincoln Chafee was the sole Republican to not vote for Sam Alito. I'm not defending Chafee's father, just pointing out that he wasn't utterly useless as a Republican, unlike his son.

 
At 8/24/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I suppose I was defending the late Senator Chafee. What I meant was that I am not a fan of the late senator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger