Sunday, February 05, 2006

Justice Ginsburg Boycotts "Outrageously" Pro-Life Red Mass

(Hat tip: NewsBusters)

From The Washington Times' Inside Politics:
Justice Ginsburg said she boycotts the annual Red Mass, because of the Catholic Church's teaching on abortion.

"Before every session [of the court], there's a Red Mass. And the justices get invitations from the cardinal to attend that. And a good number of the justices show up every year. I went one year, and I will never go again, because this sermon was outrageously anti-abortion. Even the Scalias -- although they're very much of that persuasion -- were embarrassed for me."
My Comments:
The sermon was "outrageously anti-abortion"? No! At a Catholic Mass? Imagine that.

For what it's worth, Ruthie, I'm embarrassed for you, too.

1 Comments:

At 10/03/2007 2:54 PM, Blogger LargeBill said...

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. I don't mind her boycotting a Mass (Red or any other). She has no business inside a Catholic church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger