Thursday, February 02, 2006

College Catholic on The Triumph of the Culture of Death

Stop what you're doing, and go read "Triumph of the Culture of Death" at the blog, College Catholic. It's part 1 of 3 parts that the blog's editor Fidei Defensor will be publishing.

Here is the intro:
“Culture of Death” may be the most hackneyed phrase thrown around on this blog, but little else could describe this great blight on humanity and insult to Our Lord. Anyway I came across this article from Forbes magazine (free registration required). To me this served as a chilling reminder that the Culture of Death is more than a few blowhard politicians like Ted Kennedy, more than a few angry old feminists with "SAVE ROE" signs, its more than confused judges, and the relatively small number of abortion doctors.

The Culture of Death (COD), has might and power, it has wealth, public relations, and missionaries of its own. It makes Stalin and Saddam look like amateurs, to say nothing of Nero, Pharaoh, and the Vandals. It infects and destroys civilization, and it is to the shame of us that it sprung out of what was once Christendom.
Please go read the rest. I know Fidei Defensor's parts 2 and 3 won't disappoint when he gets around to publishing them. I've suggested that he submit this as a guest editorial to his diocesan newspaper or the local newspaper in his town or city. It will be an improvement over some of the stuff that's published in those publications.

2 Comments:

At 2/02/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Thanks Jay, I am truly humbled by the vote of confidence.

Sadly there is no way any diocesan paper much less secular one would publish anything like this, I didn't know birth control was against the Catholic Church untill I heard it mentioned on the pilot episode of NBC show "AMERICAN DREAMS," a few years back, and didn't see another mention of it again untill it was harshly critized in a novel tittled "Cardinal Sins," by a hetrodox Priest.

It's a lonely battle. Thanks again though!

PS-Blogger to blogger, should I pump out parts 2 and 3 ASAP or let them each stand on their own for a few days.

By the way, as depresing as the Triumph of Death series may be on my blog, I am also working on a Triumph of Life post, stay tuned!

 
At 2/02/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

My pleasure. That's an excellent post. Let this first one sit for a day or two, and then come out with Part 2.

As for the diocesan newspaper, you'd be surprised. I think they would love to have more guest editorials, so long as what is written is in line with the Church's teaching. My very first substantive post (the second post after my "welcome" post) I submitted to The Catholic Virginian - hardly a conservative newspaper - and it was published.

Take a look at it (in the March archives, second post from the bottom) - it's pretty conservative, but they ran it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger