Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Catholic Blog Awards - Voting Has Ended

The fun has ended. Voting for The 2006 Catholic Blog Awards has now come to a close, and Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate DID NOT FINISH DEAD LAST in the category of "Best Political Blog". Hooray!

Pro Ecclesia finished with 9.6% of the vote total for the category, which means that I didn't quite reach my goal of 10%. Nevertheless, like the
Pharisee who thanked God that at least he was "better than" the Publican, I am gratified that at least Pro Ecclesia did not finish DEAD LAST like Der Tommissar's Donegal Express.

In all seriousness, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who voted for Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate as "Best Political Blog". I am humbled that you think this blog worthy of such an honor.

I also want to thank Rick, Rhonda, Tom, Maureen, Julie D., Jeff, Darwin & Mrs. Darwin, Fidei Defensor, Scarlette, and some overzealous voters for making this fun by providing some great laughs and helping to keep the whole "awards" thing in perspective.


Special thanks goes out to Joshua LeBlanc of CyberCatholics for the thankless task of hosting The Catholic Blog Awards. Josh has graciously invited constructive feedback on this year's CBAs and suggestions for how to improve next year's Awards.

Oh, and one last thing: I am taking Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate out of consideration for next year's awards. The recognition that you have given to Pro Ecclesia this year is confirmation enough that you think this blog has contributed at least somewhat positively to the political dialogue at St. Blog's. When the time comes for The 2007 Catholic Blog Awards, I am going to post a list of other fine blogs that very easily could have been nominated this year for "Best Political Blog" and ask that you support them.

Again, thank you for all your support over the past year that this blog has been in existence.



4 Comments:

At 2/21/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Oh, and one last thing: I am taking Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate out of consideration for next year's awards.

That's very gentlemanly of you, but if I'm a finalist next year, I wouldn't think I'd really won if you weren't in the running.

 
At 2/21/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks, Paul.

If they add some more categories and expand the number of finalists in each category to 10 next year, I'll reconsider.

But with only 5 spots in each category, and the top 3 spots in the politics category pretty much reserved for The Anchoress, Southern Appeal, and (God only knows why) Mark Shea, that leaves only 2 spots for some of the lesser-known blogs.

I had my shot at some recognition this year. Barring some major changes in how the categories are set up next year, I'd like to see some recognition given to blogs like yours, and College Catholic, and Res Publica et Cetera, and Fumare, and ... all those other blogs I listed the other day.

 
At 2/21/2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Congratulations, Jay. You're a good man and I'm pleased that you were in the running. There's been many mentions about the fine blogs who didn't get enough nominations to be in the running. It is a shame, but it makes me feel all the more grateful that you guys considered me for it.

God bless

 
At 2/22/2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

Jay.

Don't be stupid. There's a reason you got nominated and it would probably be the same reason you will get nominated again.

Of course, that reason is that there are a ton of folks with tastes so poor that they like your blog, but who are you to deny them their yearly little piece of joy?

Why no, I'm not bitter at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger