Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Catholic Blog Award Finalists Announced - Pro Ecclesia Nominated for Best Political Blog


I have to admit to being absolutely shocked that Pro Ecclesia * Pro Familia * Pro Civitate has been named as one of the finalists for the Catholic Blog Awards in the category of Best Political Blog.

And it makes me feel REALLY stupid for having posted this. I honestly thought that there was no way this blog was going to be among the top 5 blogs in any category. Congratulations to the many fine blogs who have been nominated. I am honored to be listed among their ranks.

I would like to thank all of you who nominated this blog for such an award. I am truly honored to have had your support. And I would very much appreciate your continued support as you vote in this year's Catholic Blog Awards. Voting runs from now until next Tuesday, February 21, at Noon CST.

Again, thank you for your support.

UPDATE:
Voting is allowed once every 24 hours so vote early and vote often.

UPDATE #2:
FYI: This thing just got started, but I'm already in next-to-last place. ;)

UPDATE #3:
DEAD LAST! Ha ha ha! Is this where I start consoling myself with "It's an honor just to be nominated"? ;)

10 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 4:15 PM, Blogger Der Tommissar said...

Best of luck. For my money, you've got the second best political blog in the running

 
At 2/14/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks! Good luck to you, too.

 
At 2/14/2006 5:24 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Congratulations! Well-deserved!

 
At 2/14/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks, Paul!

 
At 2/14/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Jeff Miller said...

You deserve it, but boy is that a tough category to compete in since they are all excellent.

 
At 2/14/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Congrats, Jay. I nominated you for something, but I don't remember what (Hey, I'm pregnant; cut me some slack.)

God bless, Maureen

 
At 2/14/2006 9:10 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Jeff and Maureen,

Thank you both for your kind words. And congratulations to each of you on your own nominations.

 
At 2/14/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Congratulations Jay. I agree with Jeff, both you and Der Tommissar have a rough row to hoe in that category. I actually blogged a post today and I noted your blog among other favs, though some of you are competing with one another.

Keep up the good work, friend.

 
At 2/15/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

DEAD LAST! Ha ha ha! Is this where I start consoling myself with "It's an honor just to be nominated"? ;)

That's right. It is.

And I'll be voting for you!

 
At 2/15/2006 10:26 AM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

Thanks for your support, Paul.

And it IS an honor to be nominated - I certainly don't mean to make light of it. But I couldn't resist the dig at Susan Lucci (who, by the way, I understand is quite conservative.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger