Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Spanish Justice of the Peace Opposed to Gay "Marriage" Quits

Un hombre por todos las temporadas:
MADRID, Spain (AFP) - A Spanish justice of the peace resigned on Monday, saying he found it "morally impossible" to register gay weddings, which have been legal since July.

"I submit my resignation as I find it morally impossible for me to marry homosexual couples, and therefore I could not apply that law, said Antonio Alonso, a justice of the peace in Pinto outside the capital Madrid.

Alonso said the law "was made for those who accepted gay marriages, while those who don't must resign their posts".

4 Comments:

At 12/28/2005 10:53 AM, Blogger Kevin Whiteman said...

FOILED AGAIN!!!

Usually, before I post a story, I swing by the blogs I frequent to see if they have beaten me to the punch.

*STILL shaking my fist in defiance* One uh deez dayz!

 
At 12/28/2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Give it up NSD, just write what you want to say and give the man his link. He's earned it.

 
At 12/28/2005 2:37 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Character!

I mean to say that justice has character...not that the Caveman is a character.

Though I could very well say that too, huh paisan? ;)

 
At 12/28/2005 6:55 PM, Blogger Kevin Whiteman said...

Paul, Jay knows I'm just goofin' with him.

Rick, I resemble that remark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger