Monday, December 05, 2005

Saddam: "I Am Not Afraid of Execution"

Poor Saddam Hussein. He's being so mistreated by a "barbaric" justice system that allows for the use of capital punishment:
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein told the judge at his trial Monday that "I am not afraid of execution" during an unruly court session in which the first witness took the stand and testified that the former president's agents carried out random arrests, torture and killings.

***
"This game must not continue, if you want Saddam Hussein's neck, you can have it!" Saddam said. "I have exercised my constitutional prerogatives after I had been the target of an armed attack.

"I am not afraid of execution," said Saddam, who then addressed the judge, saying, "I realize there is pressure on you and I regret that I have to confront one of my sons. But I'm not doing it for myself. I'm doing it for Iraq. I'm not defending myself. But I am defending you."
My Comments:
Don't worry, Saddam. There'll be much more support for sparing your life coming from your local Catholic bishops than any of the thousands of your victims ever had.

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 4:03 PM, Blogger mrsdarwin said...

Saddam might be afraid of execution if he had to worry about being fed feet first into an industrial shredder, as some of his victims were. But who cares about them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger