Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Courageous Katelyn Stands Up and Speaks Out

After suffering the slings and arrows of her former school and some of her former classmates, Katelyn Sills makes it known that she and her family "will not stand" for such outrageous fortune:

We and our attorney, Eric Grant, have repeatedly tried to reconcile with Loretto's administration, beginning with our request for a retraction and apology on November 4th. After waiting ten days, Loretto finally responded with an unfortunate refusal along with a copy of their press release. My family continues to hope for reconciliation (see our press statement), but any reconciliation must necessarily address the falsehoods discussed below. Thus, we have decided to release all of the communications between my family and Loretto so that people can see the truth for themselves.

***
Some people have speculated that I got expelled because of my blog, but Loretto's administration never asked me to restrict anything on my blog. This forum has allowed post-abortive women to share their stories, some for the very first time. These true experiences can change hearts and minds, and most importantly, can save a life.

My expulsion was the only remaining power that Loretto's administration had over my family. They chose to use that power, stating the three pieces of "evidence" above as "proof." This expulsion was greatly unreasonable, undeserved, and vindictive. Furthermore, the falsified "evidence" is defamation of my family's character. For the last ten days, we have given Loretto's administration an opportunity to retract their false statements and apologize, but they have refused. My family and I will not stand for this. I hope that you will not either.


(emphasis in original)
My Comments:
I agree with Katelyn that none of us who cares about what is being taught in our Catholic schools should sit idly by and do nothing. I won't stand for it and, as Katelyn requests, "I hope that you will not either." And, most importantly, I hope that Bishop Weigand won't stand for it.

And, if worse comes to worse, I hope the libel and slander laws of the State of California won't stand for it (Loretto High School is receiving some downright idiotic - or perhaps nonexistent - legal advice).

Please go over to Katelyn's blog and show her your support.

UPDATE:
I almost forgot ... another tip of the hat goes out to my friend Rick Lugari who has done yeoman's work covering this story from the very beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger