Thursday, November 03, 2005

Biden: "I'm Going To Shove My Rosary Beads Down Their Throat"

Sen. Joe "Hey Boss" Biden, contemplating another run for the Presidency, gets all religious and stuff on us:
Biden said that he chooses to make a second presidential bid, he will aggressively defend his own values as well as those of the Democratic Party.

"If I'm the nominee, Republicans will be sorry," said Biden, a Roman Catholic who ran for president in 1988. "The next Republican that tells me I'm not religious I'm going to shove my rosary beads down their throat."

Biden said that in most cases, Democrats have themselves to blame for losing in so-called red states such as Kentucky and Ohio.

"We have put up too many candidates who can't connect with middle-class Americans," he said. "In the last two (presidential elections), the Democratic Party has lost its base, the middle-class votes. ... And we have played into the hands of the Republicans. We've allowed so-called social issues to be so divisive."
(emphasis added)

My Comments:
After years of gathering dust, Biden's Rosary beads are finally going to be put to some use.

4 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 12:06 PM, Blogger Rick Lugari said...

I like your comment about the use of his rosary.

I found his lamenting about not putting up a candidate that can connect with the people quite funny. While it's true, I find it laughable that he thinks he can. LOL Too much.

 
At 11/04/2005 1:45 AM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

Senator, I don't think this is what Pope Leo ment when he said the Rosary was a "weapon"! For optimal results try praying it. As for how this guy can continue to claim to be Catholic, I purpose we add that to a new set or Rosary devotions that I dub "The Five Ridiculus Mysteries."

 
At 11/04/2005 12:45 PM, Blogger Tom McKenna said...

Looks like Tim Kaine's strategy of cloaking his liberalism by trying to make it look Catholic is catching on with national Dems. Biden, like Kaine, is such a pro-abort that it will be a hard sell. Kaine's getting something of a pass here in Virginia because our bishops won't out him, and because our dominant protestant population takes him at his word that his anti-death penalty, pro-abortion advocacy is part and parcel of his Catholicism.

 
At 9/07/2007 1:58 PM, Blogger The Pigeon said...

What a debate that would be! It would be a perfect time for the Virgin Mary to work a miracle of some kind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger