Monday, October 31, 2005

Just Thought You All Should Know That I Am "Deceived By The Antichrist"

I'm getting record traffic at this blog today, obviously due to the nomination of Judge Alito. However, with all the extra traffic, I got one piece of non-Alito email today that I thought you might be interested in reading:
I am so sorry that you have been deceived by the antichrist, that you have turned from a born-again believer (or do you know what that term means) to a worshipper of Mary. Born again to a Southern Baptist means what Jesus said to a grown man asking a question of how to get to heaven-Jn. 3. However, to a Catholic, being born again means that you are baptized as a baby into Catholicism, with no choice of your own but by someone choosing for you. The Catholic people have slaughtered the Protestants for many years-and will do so again as soon as they have enough power. I will be praying to God through Jesus for you. The Bible says He is the Only way to God.
Well, isn't that special? Here is my emailed response:
If you believe in "once saved, always saved" [ED: a Baptist droctrine found NOWHERE in scripture], then you have no cause for concern about me or my eternal salvation. I assure you that my personal relationship with Christ is much stronger now than it ever has been.

Also, please - for the sake of your own soul - be careful about what you attribute to the "antichrist". If my conversion is in fact, as I believe it to be, the work of the Holy Spirit, then by attributing my conversion to the "antichrist", you could be in danger of blaspheming the Third Person of the Holy Trinity. Our Lord called THAT the unpardonable sin.
Any suggestions from hardcore Catholic apologists as to what more I should have said?

7 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 3:26 PM, Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

I might have expressed concern for his salvation, based on John 6:53, and concluded with...

Behold, I am coming soon. I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds (Rev 22:12)>

Jesus says it, I believe it, that settles it!

BTW, thanks for the link to my Alito commentary.

You're having a traffic spike today? Interesting; my traffic spikes when I write about homosexuality, like yesterday.

 
At 10/31/2005 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should educate him/her about our relationship with Mary and that we don't worship her. First, they need to learn the meaning of several words, latria, dulia, and hyperdulia when speaking of Mary. Latria,the adoration due only to God. Dulia, the respect and honor given to angels and saints. Hyperdulia, a higher respect and honor given to Mary because she was specially chosen by the father to be the mother of His Son our savior Jesus Christ.

 
At 10/31/2005 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jay, good answer to that one "Catholic-hater" blogger. I seriously cannot see another reason for him leaving you a message such as the one he did. And yes, the visits to your blog spike because when you google "scalito and catholic" your website is one of the first to jump up.

 
At 10/31/2005 10:59 PM, Blogger Fidei Defensor said...

You had a good answer, I might have been tempted to say something crude and harsh along the lines of "I hope you enjoy your stay in Hell!"

Kidding, seriosuly though I probably would have went with some info on St. Peter, the "rock" on which the Church is built and mention how Peter's bones have been found under the Vatican.

 
At 11/01/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Fredi said...

Did you get his/her/its IP address?

By its standards, I guess I am still a 'born again beleiver' and I would love to talk to it about its hateful views.

 
At 11/01/2005 10:29 AM, Blogger Fredi said...

May I have that email address?

 
At 11/01/2005 3:31 PM, Blogger The Unseen One said...

As a Bible Believing, non-denominational Christian (who happens to be worshiping in a Baptist church), I think your answer was fine.

God is the judge of who goes to Heaven and who goes to hell.

Just remind them that they are doing the same thing Catholics do when they quote Unum Sanctum in reference to why they believe all who are not members of the Catholic church are going to hell. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger