Monday, October 17, 2005

Great College Football Weekend

On Saturday, I watched one of the greatest afternoons of college football that I have ever witnessed.

First, I watched the Ohio State Buckeyes in an amazing come-from-behind victory over the Michigan State Spartans.

Then, I watch the Notre Dame Fighting Irish's hard-fought but heartbreaking last-second loss to the 2-time defending national champion USC Trojans.

Finally, I watched history repeat itself 10 years later as the Cavaliers of my own University of Virginia beat the previously undefeated 4th-ranked Florida State Seminoles.

It would have been a perfect day of college football if only USC quarterback Matt Leinart's goal-line fumble had stayed in bounds. The clock would have ticked down to 00:00 and the Irish would have been victorious. Oh well, there's always next year.

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget Michigan's last second win over previously undefeated Penn State

 
At 10/17/2005 12:20 PM, Blogger Pro Ecclesia said...

As a fan of Joe Pa, I'm trying not to think about that one, Boethius.

But it was a great game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger