Monday, May 02, 2005

Cardinal McCarrick to Seek Retirement at 75

From The Washington Times:
Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, archbishop of Washington, said yesterday he is interested in retiring when he turns 75 in July.

"I'll be writing my [retirement] letter, and I'm certainly open to retirement. I have a thousand things I could do, or at least I think I could do," Cardinal McCarrick told The Washington Times yesterday.

His retirement, however, is the pope's decision.


[More]
My Comments:
When Cardinal McCarrick receives his letter from Pope Benedict either accepting or rejecting his retirement, I wonder if the good Cardinal will mischaracterize its contents.

1 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Cardinal McCarrick decided to call it quits because the Pope will insist on Cardinals that don't parse his orders. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger