Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Even More Catholicism and Economic Theory

A commenter has alerted me to the website for the Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty: "for more information on 'classical liberalism' from a religious (Catholic) perspective. Some very good work on promoting classical liberal ideals."

(Since this is the 3rd day in a row I have posted on the subject matter of Catholic teaching in the area of economic theory, I suppose I should also post links to the 2 most important Papal encyclicals on this topic, Leo XIII's Rerum Novarum and John Paul II's Centesimus Annus.)


Getting back to the Acton Institute, Kevin E. Schmiesing, Ph.D., has a commentary piece on the Acton website concerning a topic that I know is near and dear to the hearts of my wife and me: "Taxes and Tuition: Families Squeezed by Rising Costs of Religious Education".

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just would like to second the otion that the Acton Institute is a great resource on morality and the markets. Glad you discovered it. If you get the opportunity I'd recommend attending one of Fr.Sirico's talks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter for blogger